Facts you need to know about Gorgeous actress and choreographer Bontle Modiselle
The South African actress, dancer and television personality Bontle Modiselle lets us in on her bucket list, ideal dinner guests and greatest indulgence, as well as her new television show Ultimate House Party
1. The most interesting thing about me that you wouldn’t learn from my career is that I’m an earth child. I am reserved, serious, studious and natured. I am sensitive and appreciate the finer and deeper things in life, such as nature, music, art, and literature. I’m also observant and listen more than I speak. I’m a hippy at heart.
2. The film that describes my life is Black Panther. It’s a knowing, appreciation, and celebration of self. It means being courageous enough to stand by your truth with strength, absolute resilience and discipline – putting up a good fight while still being selfless. It’s a coming into my own moment.
4. Ultimate House Party is my newest, coolest TV show. It involves 16 contestants competing in the hopes of impressing a panel of judges with their abilities to host the ultimate house party in their homes. I am part of the panel, which includes TallAssMo, Carpo and final host and judge Zulu Mkhathini, formerly known as Dash. The winner will walk away with R150 000.
5. My favourite thing about the show is experiencing what each contestant delivers. Seeing it all come to life or being a complete failure and recovering thereafter is an experience that cannot be traded for anything else.
6. The one thing I miss most about my childhood is how carefree I was. I had minimal responsibilities, and this gave me the freedom. This allowed me to be expressive without the fear of losing a job – just a hiding, scolding or alternative punishment.
7. I deal with failure by accepting the disappointment. I’ve always believed that in order to get over something, you have to go through it. So, in accepting the disappointment, I keep the lesson in mind. And the sooner I go through it, the sooner I’m able to do better onwards.
8. The best advice I’ve ever received is: “Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself.”
9. My bucket list includes attending Coachella, a vacation on The Islands, Barbados, Jamaica as well as Trinidad and Tobago. I also would love to dance with Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Ciara or Rihanna.
10. My ideal guest list for a dinner party will have Brenda Fassie, Lebo Mathosa, Rihanna, Chris Brown, Somizi, DJ Khaled, Asahd, P Diddy, Black Coffee, PH, DJ Shimza, Babes Wodumo, Cardi B, Migraine, Dance Industry and the entire Skhothane Movement. I love them!
11. My greatest indulgence is visiting different restaurants and going on road trips with my partner.