Heartbreaking Babes Wodumo reveals Abuse from Mampintsha
The self-proclaimed Queen of Gqom Babes Wodumo revealed on Metro FM earlier on Friday afternoon that she had split with her long time beau, Mampintsha, a member of the award winning Kwaito group Big Nuz.
Babes Wodumo, whose real name is Bongekile Simelane, also revealed that she had moved out of his Westville home and had gone back to her parents home in Lamontville, a township south of Durban.
Mampintsha, whose real is Mandla Maphumulo, has yet to comment.
During an interview with Metro FM’s drivetime show with Masechaba Ndlovu and DJ Mo Flava, the fiery Ndlovu revealed that she was aware that Babes Wodumo was being physically abused by her long-time partner.
Babes Wodumo was reluctant to say much on the issue, but she did reveal the following:
- The engagement with Mampintsha is over. They are no longer a couple. “We were engaged but not anymore,” said Babes.
- Mampintsha apparently used Babes Wodumo’s Instagram account to post a picture that suggested the two were still an item. This as rumours of the couple’s split had began to surface in some social media corners earlier in the week. Babes said: “There are lots of things that happened. He sometimes posted on my Instagram account. He has access. When you love someone you give them everything,” she said explaining why Mampintsha had her social media passwords.
- Babes Wodumo also revealed she has a new man in her life, but true to form, she would not reveal who this was. “People will see soon,” she said when asked who this person was. When the hosts threw some names, namely that of Brilliant Khuzwayo, the departing Kaizer Chiefs goalkeeper, Babes Wodumo said he was just a “friend”.
- Babes Wodumo has also started her own record label, to which, it is apparent she is the only artist. The name of the record label is “Wodumo Entertainment” and she is working on an album which she said would be fire.
- Confronted with questions about Mampintsha’s alleged abuse, Babes Wodumo said very little, but it was Ndlovu who did most of the talking. Earlier, when pressed about the split, her response was: “We have given each other space to do whatever each of us want to do. He must live his life and not live through me (financially and otherwise)”.
- Despite their split, and alleged abuse claims against Mampintsha, the two were still business partners outside of the music, Babes said. The details on the business partnerships were not made clear, but she could be referring to a clothing apparel business. “I respect him, we work together. Things are sour at the moment,” said Babes.
- Finally, when Ndlovu made the revelations of Mampintsha’s alleged abuse, Babes was asked what she would do, she replied in isiZulu: “God will fight my battles”.
Ndlovu consoled her and urged her to get a restraining order because: “I hate to see young women living in fear… You are sitting here, you are scared… I see you are still suffering,” said Ndlovu.
— Just Curious (@JustCuriousZA) May 18, 2018
# Say no to women abuse!! Thank you Masechaba Ndlovu The Drive on Metro FM interview with Babes Wodumo.
"Bring it On Mampintsha"
— @bongitee (@NombongoTotoyi) May 18, 2018
Babes on Metro FM… she says Mampintsha was living through her… so they broke up…
— ❤️ (@Nthabel_T) May 18, 2018
Is Massive Metro live? Babes is on there she's okay or atleast trying to be.
— k'mele nikhothe lento (@Minenhle_NN) May 18, 2018